National Professional Qualifications
National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) are the most widely recognised qualifications in the education sector for current and aspiring leaders. NPQs are open to all teachers and leaders in schools in England and Wales.
We are working in collaboration with Teach First to lead the NPQs in our region, including delivering seminars and conferences, sharing guidance and support and acting as your main point of contact for your NPQs. Teach First is one of a select group of national providers accredited by the DfE to design, deliver and assess the reformed National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) for school leadership. We will be delivering cohorts starting in November 2021 and February 2022.
There are three specialist NPQs for teachers and school leaders who want to broaden their expertise in particular areas. The following programmes are for those who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject or year, leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing in their school, or leading the development of other teachers in their school.
· NPQ in Leading Teaching (NPQLT)
· NPQ in Leading Behaviour and Culture (NPQLBC)
· NPQ in Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD)
For those looking to progress into senior leadership and beyond, the following Leadership NPQs build foundational knowledge to rapidly progress a school or trust’s key improvement priorities – while creating and embedding a culture that allows the school, staff and pupils to thrive:
· NPQ in Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
· NPQ in Headship (NPQH)
· NPQ in Executive Leadership (NPQEL)
Each programme includes:
· evidence-based online content to refresh and build knowledge
· formative assessment tasks to support learning
· face-to-face seminars with a group of peers, facilitated by an expert leader or Teach First Development Lead the opportunity to record reflections
· school/trust visits* and
· *NPQSL, NPQH and NPQEL
For more information, including costs visit National Professional Qualifications | Red Kite (redkitetsh.co.uk)